Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Day 7

Today I got another three hours of work in. I think I will keep in this routine because three hours a day, five days a week gives me the forty-five hours I need a week. I spent my time at the library. I researched my sister's school back home, so too see if I could find an online version of their school newspaper. I didn't expect to find anything, but I did. After about a half hour of waiting for it to download, I had the Whitman-Hanson school newspaper on my computer. I studied it. I looked at what the articles were written on, what there were for pictures, how long the articles were, etc. This helped a lot. It helped much more than looking at a regular newspaper, because this was a school paper, which is actually very different. At one point I got a little stressed once again on what I was going to write about. This paper has a new addition every week. I was just making one. I was worried about if I were to write articles about school news that is happening now, if it would just seem like old news when I went to present it, and hand them out in two weeks. So, I went to Michele. She told me not to worry. She said that I could create a Spring newspaper, since I am creating this by myself, rather than having a whole staff of people. After talking with her, I made a list. I whole new list of possible article ideas, with events that happened this spring. The formal, earth day, sports matches and the spring play were some thoughts that came to mind. I am also thinking about adding in a special section of the paper dedicated specifically to senior projects. This will simply explore some of the other student's projects. This still needs more thought, however. Lastly, I spoke with Brenda, my sponsor, about the best way to write my articles. I asked if I should use the newspaper layouts on word, or just write them on a plane word document. I wasn't sure what to do because I didn't how they would print out on a newspaper. She told me to use a blank sheet, and then to transfer them onto a different layout that she uses to make the yearbook.

No comments: